CDH 3 Release Notes
The following lists all Flume Jiras included in CDH 3
that are not included in the Flume base version 0.9.4. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 3. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Flume 0.9.4
- [FLUME-697] - ExecNioSource has an unbounded queue that can cause OOME.
- [FLUME-681] - High message rate with SyslogTcpSourceThreads can lead to OOM
- [FLUME-512] - Flume swallowing ClassNotFoundException
- [FLUME-666] - TailSource.close should block until subthread is closed.
- [FLUME-658] - Handle Unexpected RuntimeExceptions differently than IOExceptions in sinks and decorators.
- [FLUME-656] - Flume node deadlocks on roll sink rotate with failing subsink.
- [FLUME-682] - Improve SeqfileEventSink performance
- [FLUME-620] - Collector fails due to an infinite loop during file-rolling if the body size is greater than 30kb
- [FLUME-603] - Revisit Performance tests
- [FLUME-691] - Have project build that contains binaries and sources.
- [FLUME-683] - Add input/output buffering to ThriftEventSource/Sink
- [FLUME-676] - Allow EL values in value() decorator
- [FLUME-499] - names of incomplete files being written to hdfs should indicate they are incomplete.
- [FLUME-273] - RollSink should expose ability to configure SizeTrigger
- [FLUME-703] - Make default thrift compiler location based off of THRIFT_HOME env variable
- [FLUME-702] - Make git hash an argument to the build
- [FLUME-701] - Make flume distribution tar generated contents live inside ./flume-<version>/
- [FLUME-700] - Make build explicitly depend on antlr-runtime
- [FLUME-677] - update build instructions in devnotes or readme file.