CDH 4 Release Notes
The following lists all Apache Pig Jiras included in CDH 4
that are not included in the Apache Pig base version 0.11.0. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 4. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Apache Pig 0.11.0
- [PIG-2970] - Nested foreach getting incorrect schema when having unrelated inner query
- [PIG-3060] - FLATTEN in nested foreach fails when the input contains an empty bag
- [PIG-3261] - User set PIG_CLASSPATH entries must be prepended to the CLASSPATH, not appended
- [PIG-3241] - ConcurrentModificationException in POPartialAgg
- [PIG-3144] - Erroneous map entry alias resolution leading to "Duplicate schema alias" errors
- [PIG-3145] - Parameters in core-site.xml and mapred-site.xml are not correctly substituted
- [PIG-3202] - CUBE operator not documented in user docs
- [PIG-3212] - Race Conditions in POSort and (Internal)SortedBag during Proactive Spill.
- [PIG-3206] - HBaseStorage does not work with Oozie pig action and secure HBase
- [PIG-3071] - update hcatalog jar and path to hbase storage handler jar in pig script
- [PIG-3050] - Fix FindBugs multithreading warnings
- [PIG-3066] - Fix TestPigRunner in trunk
- [PIG-3101] - Increase io.sort.mb in YARN MiniCluster
- [PIG-3096] - Make PigUnit thread safe
- [PIG-3085] - Errors and lacks in document "Built In Functions"
- [PIG-2924] - PigStats should not be assuming all Storage classes to be file-based storage
- [PIG-2966] - Test failures on CentOS 6 because MALLOC_ARENA_MAX is not set
- [PIG-2885] - TestJobSumission and TestHBaseStorage don't work with HBase 0.94 and ZK 3.4.3
- [PIG-3148] - OutOfMemory exception while spilling stale DefaultDataBag. Extra option to gc() before spilling large bag.
- [PIG-3216] - Groovy UDFs documentation has minor typos
- [PIG-2988] - start deploying pigunit maven artifact part of Pig release process