CDH 5 Release Notes
The following lists all Avro Jiras included in CDH 5
that are not included in the Avro base version 1.7.5. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Avro 1.7.5
- [AVRO-1458] - Setting char record field via reflection affects other fields
- [AVRO-1445] - avro from protobuf write fails on enum with default
- [AVRO-1387] - DataFileWriter must allow files not to be flushed at the end of every block.
- [AVRO-1377] - Fields with certained name-spaced schemas (enum, union) inside an un-name-spaced record schema can cause the schema to be serialized incorrectly
- [AVRO-1234] - Avro MapReduce jobs silently ignore input data without '.avro' extension
- [AVRO-1374] - COMPILATION ERROR with Hadoop 2.1.0-beta due to the removal of some deprecated org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskLog#captureOutAndError methods
- [AVRO-1449] - Check default value's type matches union at schema parse time
- [AVRO-1400] - Introduce annotation to specify default values
- [AVRO-1388] - Avro container files should allow fsync-ing files to disk