CDH 5 Release Notes
The following lists all Apache Hadoop Jiras included in CDH 5
that are not included in the Apache Hadoop base version 2.2.0. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
- [HADOOP-10029] - Specifying har file to MR job fails in secure cluster
- [HADOOP-9875] - TestDoAsEffectiveUser can fail on JDK 7
- [HADOOP-10052] - Temporarily disable client-side symlink resolution
- [HDFS-5433] - When reloading fsimage during checkpointing, we should clear existing snapshottable directories
- [HDFS-5403] - WebHdfs client cannot communicate with older WebHdfs servers post HDFS-5306
- [HDFS-5122] - Support failover and retry in WebHdfsFileSystem for NN HA
- [HDFS-5260] - Merge zero-copy memory-mapped HDFS client reads to trunk and branch-2.
- [MAPREDUCE-5487] - In task processes, JobConf is unnecessarily loaded again in Limits
- [MAPREDUCE-5484] - YarnChild unnecessarily loads job conf twice