CDH 5.1.3 Release Notes
The following lists all Search engine server Jiras included in CDH 5.1.3
that are not included in the Search engine server base version 4.4.0. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5.1.3. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Search engine server 4.4.0
- [SOLR-6137] - Managed Schema / Schemaless and SolrCloud concurrency issues
- [SOLR-5593] - shard leader loss due to ZK session expiry
- [SOLR-5915] - Cannot set parserImpl=... with PreAnalyzedField
- [SOLR-6180] - Callers of ManagedIndexSchema mutators should hold the schemaUpdateLock
- [SOLR-6161] - OutOfMemoryError Not Thrown in sendError
- [SOLR-6056] - Zookeeper crash JVM stack OOM because of recover strategy
- [SOLR-6164] - Copy Fields Schema additions are not distributed to other nodes
- [SOLR-6145] - Concurrent Schema API field additions can result in endless loop
- [SOLR-5119] - Managed schema problems after adding fields via Schema Rest API
- [SOLR-5608] - Frequently reproducible failures in CollectionsAPIDistributedZkTest#testDistribSearch
- [SOLR-5993] - ZkController can warn about shard leader conflict after conflict resolved
- [SOLR-5796] - With many collections, leader re-election takes too long when a node dies or is rebooted, leading to some shards getting into a "conflicting" state about who is the leader.
- [SOLR-5727] - LBHttpSolrServer should only retry on Connection exceptions when sending updates.
- [SOLR-5811] - The Overseer will retry work items until success.
- [SOLR-5325] - zk connection loss causes overseer leader loss
- [SOLR-5615] - Deadlock while trying to recover after a ZK session expiry
- [SOLR-5693] - Running on HDFS does work correctly with NRT search.
- [SOLR-5657] - When a SolrCore starts on HDFS, it should gracefully handle HDFS being in safe mode.
- [SOLR-5667] - Performance problem when not using hdfs block cache.
- [SOLR-5666] - Using the hdfs write cache can result in appearance of corrupted index.
- [SOLR-5577] - indexing delay due to zookeeper election
- [SOLR-5636] - SolrRequestParsers does some xpath lookups on every request.
- [SOLR-5645] - A SolrCore reload via the CoreContainer will try and register in zk again with the new SolrCore.
- [SOLR-4992] - Solr queries don't propagate Java OutOfMemoryError back to the JVM
- [SOLR-5417] - The ChaosMonkey tests are not causing any disruption.
- [SOLR-5540] - HdfsLockFactory should create the lock parent directory if necessary like SimpleLockFactory does.
- [SOLR-4709] - dir lock error if reopening cores to fast?
- [SOLR-5568] - A SolrCore cannot decide to be the leader just because the cluster state says no other SolrCore's are active.
- [SOLR-5380] - Using cloudSolrServer.setDefaultCollection(collectionId) does not work as intended for an alias spanning more than 1 collection.
- [SOLR-5243] - killing a shard in one collection can result in leader election in a different collection
- [SOLR-5240] - SolrCloud node doesn't (quickly) come all the way back
- [SOLR-5150] - HdfsIndexInput may not fully read requested bytes.
- [SOLR-5187] - We are shipping with the wrong license for NetCDF.
- [SOLR-5133] - HdfsUpdateLog can fail to close a FileSystem instance if init is called more than once.
- [SOLR-5135] - Deleting a collection should be extra aggressive in the face of failures.
- [SOLR-5087] - CoreAdminHandler.handleMergeAction generating NullPointerException
- [SOLR-3633] - web UI reports an error if CoreAdminHandler says there are no SolrCores
- [SOLR-5018] - The Overseer should avoid publishing the state for collections that do not exist under the /collections zk node.
- [SOLR-3862] - add "remove" as update option for atomically removing a value from a multivalued field
- [SOLR-5395] - allow some update processors to run on forwarded update
- [SOLR-5865] - Provide a MiniSolrCloudCluster to enable easier testing
- [SOLR-5714] - You should be able to use one pool of memory for multiple collection's HDFS block caches.
- [SOLR-3530] - better error messages / Content-Type validation in solrJ
- [SOLR-5700] - Improve error handling of remote queries (proxied requests)
- [SOLR-5156] - Provide a way to move the contents of a file to ZooKeeper with ZkCLI
- [SOLR-5581] - Give ZkCLI the ability to get files
- [SOLR-5576] - ZkController.java registerAllCoresAsDown multiple cores logic
- [SOLR-5548] - Give DistributedSearchTestCase / JettySolrRunner the ability to specify extra filters
- [SOLR-5134] - Have HdfsIndexOutput extend BufferedIndexOutput
- [SOLR-5556] - Allow class of CollectionsHandler and InfoHandler to be specified in solr.xml
- [SOLR-4943] - Add a new info admin handler.
- [LUCENE-5209] - Allow the license checker to optionally avoid check sum comparisons on SNAPSHOT dependencies.
- [LUCENE-4661] - Reduce default maxMerge/ThreadCount for ConcurrentMergeScheduler