CDH 5.2.5 Release Notes
The following lists all Apache HBase Jiras included in CDH 5.2.5
that are not included in the Apache HBase base version 0.98.6. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5.2.5. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Apache HBase 0.98.6
- [HBASE-11546] - Backport ZK-less region assignment to 0.98
- [HBASE-12386] - Replication gets stuck following a transient zookeeper error to remote peer cluster
- [HBASE-11979] - Compaction progress reporting is wrong
- [HBASE-12445] - hbase is removing all remaining cells immediately after the cell marked with marker = KeyValue.Type.DeleteColumn via PUT
- [HBASE-12460] - Moving Chore to hbase-common module.
- [HBASE-12366] - Add login code to HBase Canary tool.
- [HBASE-12376] - HBaseAdmin leaks ZK connections if failure starting watchers (ConnectionLossException)
- [HBASE-12201] - Close the writers in the MOB sweep tool
- [HBASE-12078] - Missing Data when scanning using PREFIX_TREE DATA-BLOCK-ENCODING
- [HBASE-12120] - HBase shell doesn't allow deleting of a cell by user with W-only permissions to it
- [HBASE-12098] - User granted namespace table create permissions can't create a table
- [HBASE-12045] - REST proxy users configuration in hbase-site.xml is ignored
- [HBASE-12099] - TestScannerModel fails if using jackson 1.9.13
- [HBASE-12087] - [0.98] Changing the default setting of hbase.security.access.early_out to true
- [HBASE-12054] - bad state after NamespaceUpgrade with reserved table names
- [HBASE-12027] - The ZooKeeperWatcher in HMobStore only uses the default conf
- [HBASE-11968] - If MOB is enabled, it should make sure hfile v3 is being used.
- [HBASE-10845] - Memstore snapshot size isn't updated in DefaultMemStore#rollback()
- [HBASE-11963] - Synchronize peer cluster replication connection attempts
- [HBASE-11972] - The "doAs user" used in the update to hbase:acl table RPC is incorrect
- [HBASE-11813] - CellScanner#advance may overflow stack
- [HBASE-11896] - LoadIncrementalHFiles fails in secure mode if the namespace is specified
- [HBASE-10188] - Deprecate ServerName constructors, but make it public.
- [HBASE-11658] - Piped commands to hbase shell should return non-zero if shell command failed.
- [HBASE-11186] - Improve TestExportSnapshot verifications
- [HBASE-10446] - Backup master gives Error 500 for debug dump
- [HBASE-12529] - Use ThreadLocalRandom for RandomQueueBalancer
- [HBASE-12447] - Add support for setTimeRange for RowCounter and CellCounter
- [HBASE-5342] - Grant/Revoke global permissions
- [HBASE-12220] - Add hedgedReads and hedgedReadWins metrics
- [HBASE-11240] - Print hdfs pipeline when hlog's sync is slow
- [HBASE-11349] - [Thrift] support authentication/impersonation
- [HBASE-10960] - Enhance HBase Thrift 1 to include "append" and "checkAndPut" operations
- [HBASE-11724] - Add to RWQueueRpcExecutor the ability to split get and scan handlers
- [HBASE-11960] - Provide a sample to show how to use Thrift client authentication
- [HBASE-11798] - TestBucketWriterThread may hang due to WriterThread stopping prematurely
- [HBASE-10648] - Pluggable Memstore
- [HBASE-12077] - FilterLists create many ArrayList$Itr objects per row.
- [HBASE-12085] - mob status should print human readable numbers.
- [HBASE-12093] - Support the mob attributes in hbase shell when create/alter table
- [HBASE-12080] - Shorten the run time of integration test by default when using mvn failsafe:integration-test
- [HBASE-12000] - isMob and mobThreshold do not follow column descriptor property naming conventions
- [HBASE-12066] - Avoid major compaction in TestMobSweeper
- [HBASE-11644] - External MOB compaction tools
- [HBASE-11646] - Handle the MOB in compaction
- [HBASE-11647] - MOB integration testing
- [HBASE-11901] - Improve the value size of the reference cell in mob column
- [HBASE-11643] - Read and write MOB in HBase
- [HBASE-11598] - Add simple rpc throttling
- [HBASE-10993] - Deprioritize long-running scanners