CDH 5.4.0 Release Notes
The following lists all Apache HBase Jiras included in CDH 5.4.0
that are not included in the Apache HBase base version 1.0.0. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5.4.0. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Apache HBase 1.0.0
- [HBASE-10018] - Remove region location prefetching
- [HBASE-12749] - Tighten HFileLink api to enable non-snapshot uses
- [HBASE-13326] - Disabled table can't be enabled after HBase is restarted
- [HBASE-13294] - Fix the critical ancient loopholes in security testing infrastructure.
- [HBASE-13314] - Fix NPE in HMaster.getClusterStatus()
- [HBASE-13239] - HBase grant at specific column level does not work for Groups
- [HBASE-13114] - [UNITTEST] TestEnableTableHandler.testDeleteForSureClearsAllTableRowsFromMeta
- [HBASE-13085] - Security issue in the implementation of Rest gataway 'doAs' proxy user support
- [HBASE-13253] - LoadIncrementalHFiles unify hfiles discovery
- [HBASE-13230] - [mob] reads hang when trying to read rows with large mobs (>10MB)
- [HBASE-13224] - Minor formatting issue when logging a namespace scope in AuthResult#toContextString
- [HBASE-13227] - LoadIncrementalHFile should skip non-files inside a possible family-dir
- [HBASE-12772] - TestPerColumnFamilyFlush failing
- [HBASE-12734] - TestPerColumnFamilyFlush.testCompareStoreFileCount is flakey
- [HBASE-13181] - TestHRegionReplayEvents.testReplayBulkLoadEvent fails frequently.
- [HBASE-13115] - Fix the usage of remote user in thrift doAs implementation.
- [HBASE-13141] - IntegrationTestAcidGuarantees returns incorrect values for getColumnFamilies
- [HBASE-13131] - ReplicationAdmin leaks connections if there's an error in the constructor
- [HBASE-13119] - FileLink should implement equals
- [HBASE-13083] - Master can be dead-locked while assigning META.
- [HBASE-12948] - Calling Increment#addColumn on the same column multiple times produces wrong result
- [HBASE-13102] - Fix Pseudo-distributed Mode which was broken in 1.0.0
- [HBASE-13049] - wal_roll ruby command doesn't work.
- [HBASE-13069] - Thrift Http Server returns an error code of 500 instead of 401 when authentication fails
- [HBASE-12548] - Improve debuggability of IntegrationTestTimeBoundedRequestsWithRegionReplicas
- [HBASE-12540] - TestRegionServerMetrics#testMobMetrics test failure
- [HBASE-12201] - Close the writers in the MOB sweep tool
- [HBASE-12030] - Wrong compaction report and assert when MOB compaction switches to minor
- [HBASE-12027] - The ZooKeeperWatcher in HMobStore only uses the default conf
- [HBASE-11968] - If MOB is enabled, it should make sure hfile v3 is being used.
- [HBASE-11658] - Piped commands to hbase shell should return non-zero if shell command failed.
- [HBASE-10205] - ConcurrentModificationException in BucketAllocator
- [HBASE-10188] - Deprecate ServerName constructors, but make it public.
- [HBASE-10123] - Change default ports; move them out of linux ephemeral port range
- [HBASE-13241] - Add tests for group level grants
- [HBASE-13235] - Revisit the security auditing semantics.
- [HBASE-13223] - Add testMoveMeta to IntegrationTestMTTR
- [HBASE-13162] - Add capability for cleaning hbase acls to hbase cleanup script.
- [HBASE-10471] - Remove HTD.isAsyncLogFlush() from trunk
- [HBASE-13132] - Improve RemoveColumn action debug message
- [HBASE-10201] - Port 'Make flush decisions per column family' to trunk
- [HBASE-12220] - Add hedgedReads and hedgedReadWins metrics
- [HBASE-12363] - Improve how KEEP_DELETED_CELLS works with MIN_VERSIONS
- [HBASE-12012] - Improve cancellation for the scan RPCs
- [HBASE-13063] - Allow to turn off memstore replication for region replicas
- [HBASE-11571] - Bulk load handling from secondary region replicas
- [HBASE-12561] - Replicas of regions can be cached from different instances of the table in MetaCache
- [HBASE-11842] - Integration test for async wal replication to secondary regions
- [HBASE-12714] - RegionReplicaReplicationEndpoint should not set the RPC Codec
- [HBASE-12869] - Add a REST API implementation of the ClusterManager interface
- [HBASE-11569] - Flush / Compaction handling from secondary region replicas
- [HBASE-11908] - Region replicas should be added to the meta table at the time of table creation
- [HBASE-11903] - Directly invoking split & merge of replica regions should be disallowed
- [HBASE-11261] - Handle splitting/merging of regions that have region_replication greater than one
- [HBASE-10674] - HBCK should be updated to do replica related checks
- [HBASE-11567] - Write bulk load COMMIT events to WAL
- [HBASE-11568] - Async WAL replication for region replicas
- [HBASE-12180] - Fix and reenable TestRegionReplicaReplicationEndpoint
- [HBASE-12785] - Use FutureTask to timeout the attempt to get the lock for hbck
- [HBASE-5697] - Audit HBase for usage of deprecated hadoop 0.20.x property names.
- [HBASE-10573] - Use Netty 4
- [HBASE-13151] - IllegalArgumentException in compaction when table has a namespace
- [HBASE-13107] - Refactor MOB Snapshot logic to reduce code duplication.
- [HBASE-13157] - Add mob compaction actions and monkeys to Chaos Monkey
- [HBASE-12332] - [mob] improve how we resolve mobfiles in reads
- [HBASE-13154] - Add support for mob in TestAcidGuarantees and IntegrationTestAcidGuarantees
- [HBASE-13152] - NPE in ExpiredMobFileCleanerChore
- [HBASE-12670] - Add unit tests that exercise the added hfilelink link mob paths
- [HBASE-13012] - Add shell commands to trigger the mob file compactor
- [HBASE-13117] - improve mob sweeper javadoc
- [HBASE-13013] - Add read lock to ExpiredMobFileCleanerChore
- [HBASE-11861] - Native MOB Compaction mechanisms.
- [HBASE-12820] - Use table lock instead of MobZookeeper
- [HBASE-12669] - Have compaction scanner save info about delete markers
- [HBASE-12698] - Add mob cell count to the metadata of each mob file
- [HBASE-12691] - sweep job needs to exit non-zero if job fails for any reason.
- [HBASE-12543] - Incorrect log info in the store compaction of mob
- [HBASE-12331] - Shorten the mob snapshot unit tests
- [HBASE-12758] - treat mob region as any other region when generating rs manifest.
- [HBASE-12646] - SnapshotInfo tool does not find mob data in snapshots
- [HBASE-11645] - Snapshot for MOB
- [HBASE-12487] - Explicitly flush the file name in sweep job
- [HBASE-12591] - Ignore the count of mob compaction metrics when there is issue
- [HBASE-12489] - Incorrect 'mobFileCacheMissCount' calculated in the mob metrics
- [HBASE-12391] - Correct a typo in the mob metrics
- [HBASE-11683] - Metrics for MOB
- [HBASE-12486] - Move the mob table name tag to the 2nd one
- [HBASE-12392] - Incorrect implementation of CompactionRequest.isRetainDeleteMarkers
- [HBASE-12093] - Support the mob attributes in hbase shell when create/alter table
- [HBASE-12085] - mob status should print human readable numbers.
- [HBASE-12080] - Shorten the run time of integration test by default when using mvn failsafe:integration-test
- [HBASE-12066] - Avoid major compaction in TestMobSweeper
- [HBASE-11644] - External MOB compaction tools
- [HBASE-11646] - Handle the MOB in compaction
- [HBASE-12000] - isMob and mobThreshold do not follow column descriptor property naming conventions
- [HBASE-11647] - MOB integration testing
- [HBASE-11901] - Improve the value size of the reference cell in mob column
- [HBASE-11598] - Add simple rpc throttling
- [HBASE-11643] - Read and write MOB in HBase
- [HBASE-12046] - HTD/HCD setters should be builder-style