CDH 5.4.11 Release Notes
The following lists all Search engine server Jiras included in CDH 5.4.11
that are not included in the Search engine server base version 4.10.3. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5.4.11. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Search engine server 4.10.3
- [SOLR-8451] - We should not call method.abort in HttpSolrClient and HttpSolrCall#remoteQuery should not close streams.
- [SOLR-8683] - Always consume the full request on the server, not just in the case of an error.
- [SOLR-6631] - DistributedQueue spinning on calling zookeeper getChildren()
- [SOLR-8152] - Overseer Task Processor/Queue can miss responses, leading to timeouts
- [SOLR-8578] - Successful or not, requests are not always fully consumed by Solrj clients and we count on HttpClient or the JVM.
- [SOLR-8633] - DistributedUpdateProcess processCommit/deleteByQuery call finish on DUP and SolrCmdDistributor, which violates the lifecycle and can cause bugs.
- [SOLR-8453] - Jetty update from 9.2 to 9.3 causes the server to reset formerly legitimate client connections.
- [SOLR-8857] - HdfsUpdateLog does not use configured or new default number of version buckets and is hard coded to 256.
- [SOLR-7625] - Version bucket seed not updated after new index is installed on a replica
- [SOLR-7587] - TestSpellCheckResponse stalled and never timed out -- possible VersionBucket bug? (5.2 branch)
- [SOLR-8771] - Multi-threaded core shutdown creates executor per core
- [SOLR-7281] - Add an overseer action to publish an entire node as 'down'
- [SOLR-8575] - Fix HDFSLogReader replay status numbers and a performance bug where we can reopen FSDataInputStream too often.
- [SOLR-8372] - Canceled recovery can lead to data loss
- [SOLR-8367] - The new LIR 'all replicas participate' failsafe code needs to be improved.
- [SOLR-6443] - TestManagedResourceStorage fails on Jenkins with SolrCore.getOpenCount()==2
- [SOLR-7989] - After a new leader is elected it, it should ensure it's state is ACTIVE if it has already registered with ZK.
- [SOLR-8288] - DistributedUpdateProcessor#doFinish should explicitly check and ensure it does not try to put itself into LIR.
- [SOLR-8075] - Leader Initiated Recovery should not stop a leader that participated in an election with all of it's replicas from becoming a valid leader.
- [SOLR-8223] - Take care not to accidentally swallow OOMErrors
- [SOLR-8085] - Fix a variety of issues that can result in replicas getting out of sync.
- [SOLR-8094] - HdfsUpdateLog should not replay buffered documents as a replacement to dropping them.
- [SOLR-8095] - Allow disabling HDFS Locality Metrics
- [SOLR-8077] - Replication can still cause index corruption.
- [SOLR-8069] - Ensure that only the valid ZooKeeper registered leader can put a replica into Leader Initiated Recovery.
- [SOLR-7844] - Zookeeper session expiry during shard leader election can cause multiple leaders.
- [SOLR-7109] - Indexing threads stuck during network partition can put leader into down state
- [SOLR-7956] - There are interrupts on shutdown in places that can cause ChannelAlreadyClosed exceptions which prevents proper closing of transaction logs.
- [SOLR-7503] - Recovery after ZK session expiration happens in a single thread for all cores in a node
- [SOLR-7478] - UpdateLog#close shutdown it's executor with interrupts before running close, preventing a clean close.
- [SOLR-6583] - Resuming connection with ZooKeeper causes log replay
- [SOLR-7370] - FSHDFSUtils#recoverFileLease tries to recover the lease every one second after the first four second wait.
- [SOLR-7092] - Stop the HDFS lease recovery retries on HdfsTransactionLog on close and try to avoid lease recovery on closed files.
- [SOLR-7134] - Replication can still cause index corruption.
- [SOLR-6766] - Switch o.a.s.store.blockcache.Metrics to use JMX
- [SOLR-6752] - Buffer Cache allocate/lost metrics should be exposed
- [SOLR-7113] - Multiple calls to UpdateLog#init is not thread safe with respect to the HDFS FileSystem client object usage.
- [SOLR-6839] - Direct routing with CloudSolrServer will ignore the Overwrite document option.
- [SOLR-5961] - Solr gets crazy on /overseer/queue state change
- [SOLR-5596] - OverseerTest.testOverseerFailure - leader node already exists.
- [SOLR-7101] - JmxMonitoredMap can throw an exception in clear when queryNames fails.
- [SOLR-6640] - Replication can cause index corruption.
- [SOLR-6920] - During replication use checksums to verify if files are the same
- [SOLR-7066] - autoAddReplicas feature has bug when selecting replacement nodes.
- [SOLR-6698] - Solr is not consistent wrt ZkCredentialsProvider / ZkCredentialProvider
- [SOLR-6969] - When opening an HDFSTransactionLog for append we must first attempt to recover it's lease to prevent data loss.
- [SOLR-6987] - SSL support for MiniSolrCloudCluster
- [SOLR-3774] - /admin/mbean returning duplicate search handlers with names that map to their classes?
- [SOLR-6609] - queryParams not respected for single-stream UpdateRequests
- [SOLR-6426] - SolrZkClient clean can fail due to a race with children nodes.
- [SOLR-6137] - Managed Schema / Schemaless and SolrCloud concurrency issues
- [SOLR-6056] - Zookeeper crash JVM stack OOM because of recover strategy
- [SOLR-4992] - Solr queries don't propagate Java OutOfMemoryError back to the JVM
- [SOLR-5187] - We are shipping with the wrong license for NetCDF.
- [SOLR-8869] - Optionally disable printing field cache entries in SolrFieldCacheMBean
- [SOLR-8856] - Do not cache merge or 'read once' contexts in the hdfs block cache.
- [SOLR-8855] - The HDFS BlockDirectory should not clean up it's cache on shutdown.
- [SOLR-8720] - ZkController#publishAndWaitForDownStates should use #publishNodeAsDown.
- [SOLR-8371] - Try and prevent too many recovery requests from stacking up and clean up some faulty logic.
- [SOLR-8615] - Just like creating cores, we should use multiple threads when closing cores.
- [SOLR-7049] - Move work done by the LIST Collections API call to the Collections Handler
- [SOLR-7552] - Support using ZkCredentialsProvider/ZkACLProvider in custom filter
- [SOLR-5884] - When recovery is cancelled, any call to the leader to wait to see the replica in the right state for recovery should be aborted.
- [SOLR-7135] - Allow the server build.xml 'sync-hack' target to by skipped by specifying a system property.
- [SOLR-7458] - Expose HDFS Block Locality Metrics
- [SOLR-7457] - Make DirectoryFactory publishing MBeanInfo extensible
- [SOLR-7437] - Make HDFS transaction log replication factor configurable.
- [SOLR-7141] - RecoveryStrategy: Raise time that we wait for any updates from the leader before they saw the recovery state to have finished.
- [SOLR-7147] - Introduce new TrackingShardHandlerFactory for monitoring what requests are sent to shards during tests
- [SOLR-6915] - SaslZkACLProvider and Kerberos Test Using MiniKdc
- [SOLR-6896] - SolrJettyRunner blocks for 5 seconds on shutdown
- [SOLR-6919] - Log REST info before executing
- [SOLR-6586] - JmxMonitoredMap#getAttribute is not very efficient.
- [SOLR-6565] - SolrRequest support for query params
- [SOLR-6543] - Give HttpSolrServer the ability to send PUT requests
- [SOLR-6393] - Improve transaction log replay speed on HDFS.
- [SOLR-5700] - Improve error handling of remote queries (proxied requests)
- [SOLR-5714] - You should be able to use one pool of memory for multiple collection's HDFS block caches.
- [SOLR-7176] - allow zkcli to modify JSON
- [SOLR-4580] - Support for protecting content in ZK
- [SOLR-5556] - Allow class of CollectionsHandler and InfoHandler to be specified in solr.xml
- [SOLR-7332] - Seed version buckets with max version from index
- [SOLR-6820] - The sync on the VersionInfo bucket in DistributedUpdateProcesser#addDocument appears to be a large bottleneck when using replication.
- [SOLR-5776] - Look at speeding up using SSL with tests.
- [SOLR-8121] - It looks like ChaosMonkeySafeLeader test can fail with replica inconsistency because waitForThingsToLevelOut can pass while state is still changing.
- [SOLR-8046] - HdfsCollectionsAPIDistributedZkTest checks that no transaction logs failed to be opened during the test but does not isolate this to the test and could fail due to other tests.
- [SOLR-7999] - SolrRequetParserTest#testStreamURL started failing.
- [LUCENE-6277] - Allow Ivy resolutionCacheDir to be overriden by system property.
- [LUCENE-4661] - Reduce default maxMerge/ThreadCount for ConcurrentMergeScheduler
- [LUCENE-6210] - Unit tests failures in TestLucene40DocValuesFormat/TestDocValuesFormat