CDH 5.4.2 Release Notes
The following lists all Search engine server Jiras included in CDH 5.4.2
that are not included in the Search engine server base version 4.10.3. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5.4.2. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Search engine server 4.10.3
- [SOLR-7478] - UpdateLog#close shutdown it's executor with interrupts before running close, preventing a clean close.
- [SOLR-6583] - Resuming connection with ZooKeeper causes log replay
- [SOLR-7370] - FSHDFSUtils#recoverFileLease tries to recover the lease every one second after the first four second wait.
- [SOLR-7092] - Stop the HDFS lease recovery retries on HdfsTransactionLog on close and try to avoid lease recovery on closed files.
- [SOLR-7134] - Replication can still cause index corruption.
- [SOLR-6766] - Switch o.a.s.store.blockcache.Metrics to use JMX
- [SOLR-6752] - Buffer Cache allocate/lost metrics should be exposed
- [SOLR-7113] - Multiple calls to UpdateLog#init is not thread safe with respect to the HDFS FileSystem client object usage.
- [SOLR-6839] - Direct routing with CloudSolrServer will ignore the Overwrite document option.
- [SOLR-5961] - Solr gets crazy on /overseer/queue state change
- [SOLR-5596] - OverseerTest.testOverseerFailure - leader node already exists.
- [SOLR-7101] - JmxMonitoredMap can throw an exception in clear when queryNames fails.
- [SOLR-6640] - Replication can cause index corruption.
- [SOLR-6920] - During replication use checksums to verify if files are the same
- [SOLR-7066] - autoAddReplicas feature has bug when selecting replacement nodes.
- [SOLR-6698] - Solr is not consistent wrt ZkCredentialsProvider / ZkCredentialProvider
- [SOLR-6969] - When opening an HDFSTransactionLog for append we must first attempt to recover it's lease to prevent data loss.
- [SOLR-6987] - SSL support for MiniSolrCloudCluster
- [SOLR-3774] - /admin/mbean returning duplicate search handlers with names that map to their classes?
- [SOLR-6609] - queryParams not respected for single-stream UpdateRequests
- [SOLR-6426] - SolrZkClient clean can fail due to a race with children nodes.
- [SOLR-6137] - Managed Schema / Schemaless and SolrCloud concurrency issues
- [SOLR-6056] - Zookeeper crash JVM stack OOM because of recover strategy
- [SOLR-4992] - Solr queries don't propagate Java OutOfMemoryError back to the JVM
- [SOLR-5187] - We are shipping with the wrong license for NetCDF.
- [SOLR-7437] - Make HDFS transaction log replication factor configurable.
- [SOLR-7141] - RecoveryStrategy: Raise time that we wait for any updates from the leader before they saw the recovery state to have finished.
- [SOLR-7147] - Introduce new TrackingShardHandlerFactory for monitoring what requests are sent to shards during tests
- [SOLR-6915] - SaslZkACLProvider and Kerberos Test Using MiniKdc
- [SOLR-6896] - SolrJettyRunner blocks for 5 seconds on shutdown
- [SOLR-6919] - Log REST info before executing
- [SOLR-6586] - JmxMonitoredMap#getAttribute is not very efficient.
- [SOLR-6565] - SolrRequest support for query params
- [SOLR-6543] - Give HttpSolrServer the ability to send PUT requests
- [SOLR-6393] - Improve transaction log replay speed on HDFS.
- [SOLR-5700] - Improve error handling of remote queries (proxied requests)
- [SOLR-5714] - You should be able to use one pool of memory for multiple collection's HDFS block caches.
- [SOLR-7176] - allow zkcli to modify JSON
- [SOLR-4580] - Support for protecting content in ZK
- [SOLR-5556] - Allow class of CollectionsHandler and InfoHandler to be specified in solr.xml
- [LUCENE-4661] - Reduce default maxMerge/ThreadCount for ConcurrentMergeScheduler
- [LUCENE-6210] - Unit tests failures in TestLucene40DocValuesFormat/TestDocValuesFormat