CDH 5 Release Notes
The following lists all Search engine server Jiras included in CDH 5
that are not included in the Search engine server base version 4.4.0. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Search engine server 4.4.0
- [SOLR-6137] - Managed Schema / Schemaless and SolrCloud concurrency issues
- [SOLR-5915] - Cannot set parserImpl=... with PreAnalyzedField
- [SOLR-6180] - Callers of ManagedIndexSchema mutators should hold the schemaUpdateLock
- [SOLR-6164] - Copy Fields Schema additions are not distributed to other nodes
- [SOLR-5119] - Managed schema problems after adding fields via Schema Rest API
- [SOLR-5993] - ZkController can warn about shard leader conflict after conflict resolved
- [SOLR-5796] - With many collections, leader re-election takes too long when a node dies or is rebooted, leading to some shards getting into a "conflicting" state about who is the leader.
- [SOLR-5325] - zk connection loss causes overseer leader loss
- [SOLR-5291] - Solrj does not propagate the root cause to the user for many errors.
- [SOLR-5666] - Using the hdfs write cache can result in appearance of corrupted index.
- [SOLR-5577] - indexing delay due to zookeeper election
- [SOLR-5636] - SolrRequestParsers does some xpath lookups on every request.
- [SOLR-5645] - A SolrCore reload via the CoreContainer will try and register in zk again with the new SolrCore.
- [SOLR-4992] - Solr queries don't propagate Java OutOfMemoryError back to the JVM
- [SOLR-5417] - The ChaosMonkey tests are not causing any disruption.
- [SOLR-5540] - HdfsLockFactory should create the lock parent directory if necessary like SimpleLockFactory does.
- [SOLR-4709] - dir lock error if reopening cores to fast?
- [SOLR-5552] - Leader recovery process can select the wrong leader if all replicas for a shard are down and trying to recover as well as lose updates that should have been recovered.
- [SOLR-5243] - killing a shard in one collection can result in leader election in a different collection
- [SOLR-5240] - SolrCloud node doesn't (quickly) come all the way back
- [SOLR-5187] - We are shipping with the wrong license for NetCDF.
- [SOLR-5133] - HdfsUpdateLog can fail to close a FileSystem instance if init is called more than once.
- [SOLR-5135] - Deleting a collection should be extra aggressive in the face of failures.
- [SOLR-3633] - web UI reports an error if CoreAdminHandler says there are no SolrCores
- [SOLR-5018] - The Overseer should avoid publishing the state for collections that do not exist under the /collections zk node.
- [SOLR-5395] - allow some update processors to run on forwarded update
- [SOLR-5156] - Provide a way to move the contents of a file to ZooKeeper with ZkCLI
- [SOLR-5581] - Give ZkCLI the ability to get files
- [SOLR-5576] - ZkController.java registerAllCoresAsDown multiple cores logic
- [SOLR-5548] - Give DistributedSearchTestCase / JettySolrRunner the ability to specify extra filters
- [SOLR-5134] - Have HdfsIndexOutput extend BufferedIndexOutput
- [SOLR-5556] - Allow class of CollectionsHandler and InfoHandler to be specified in solr.xml
- [SOLR-4943] - Add a new info admin handler.