CDH 5.3.4 Release Notes
The following lists all Search engine server Jiras included in CDH 5.3.4
that are not included in the Search engine server base version 4.4.0. The
file lists all changes included in CDH 5.3.4. The patch for each
change can be found in the cloudera/patches directory in the release tarball.
Changes Not In Search engine server 4.4.0
- [SOLR-7478] - UpdateLog#close shutdown it's executor with interrupts before running close, preventing a clean close.
- [SOLR-6583] - Resuming connection with ZooKeeper causes log replay
- [SOLR-7370] - FSHDFSUtils#recoverFileLease tries to recover the lease every one second after the first four second wait.
- [SOLR-7092] - Stop the HDFS lease recovery retries on HdfsTransactionLog on close and try to avoid lease recovery on closed files.
- [SOLR-7113] - Multiple calls to UpdateLog#init is not thread safe with respect to the HDFS FileSystem client object usage.
- [SOLR-7134] - Replication can still cause index corruption.
- [SOLR-6640] - Replication can cause index corruption.
- [SOLR-5961] - Solr gets crazy on /overseer/queue state change
- [SOLR-6920] - During replication use checksums to verify if files are the same
- [SOLR-5875] - QueryComponent.mergeIds() unmarshals all docs' sort field values once per doc instead of once per shard
- [SOLR-6969] - When opening an HDFSTransactionLog for append we must first attempt to recover it's lease to prevent data loss.
- [SOLR-5515] - NPE when getting stats on date field with empty result on solrcloud
- [SOLR-6776] - Data lost when use SoftCommit and TLog
- [SOLR-6738] - Admin UI - Escape Data on Plugins-View
- [SOLR-3774] - /admin/mbean returning duplicate search handlers with names that map to their classes?
- [SOLR-3852] - Admin UI - Cloud Tree ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException if binary files anywhere in ZK tree
- [SOLR-5777] - JsonLoader: field values get out of order when fieldname key is repeated
- [SOLR-6698] - Solr is not consistent wrt ZkCredentialsProvider / ZkCredentialProvider
- [SOLR-6624] - Spelling mistakes in the Java source
- [SOLR-6609] - queryParams not respected for single-stream UpdateRequests
- [SOLR-6360] - Unnecessary Content-Charset header in HttpSolrServer
- [SOLR-5770] - All attempts to match a SolrCore with it's state in clusterstate.json should be done with the NodeName rather than the baseUrl.
- [SOLR-6426] - SolrZkClient clean can fail due to a race with children nodes.
- [SOLR-6264] - Distributed commit and optimize are executed serially across all replicas.
- [SOLR-6402] - OverseerCollectionProcessor should not exit for ZK ConnectionLoss
- [SOLR-6405] - ZooKeeper calls can easily not be retried enough on ConnectionLoss.
- [SOLR-5042] - MoreLikeThis doesn't return a score when mlt.count is set to 10
- [SOLR-6268] - HdfsUpdateLog has a race condition that can expose a closed HDFS FileSystem instance and should close it's FileSystem instance if either inherited close method is called.
- [SOLR-6136] - ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer includes a Spin Lock
- [SOLR-6159] - cancelElection fails on uninitialized ElectionContext
- [SOLR-6314] - Facet counts duplicated in the response if specified more than once on the request.
- [SOLR-5354] - Distributed sort is broken with CUSTOM FieldType
- [SOLR-6372] - HdfsDirectoryFactory should use supplied Configuration for communicating with secure kerberos
- [SOLR-6137] - Managed Schema / Schemaless and SolrCloud concurrency issues
- [SOLR-5593] - shard leader loss due to ZK session expiry
- [SOLR-5915] - Cannot set parserImpl=... with PreAnalyzedField
- [SOLR-6180] - Callers of ManagedIndexSchema mutators should hold the schemaUpdateLock
- [SOLR-6161] - OutOfMemoryError Not Thrown in sendError
- [SOLR-6056] - Zookeeper crash JVM stack OOM because of recover strategy
- [SOLR-6164] - Copy Fields Schema additions are not distributed to other nodes
- [SOLR-6145] - Concurrent Schema API field additions can result in endless loop
- [SOLR-5119] - Managed schema problems after adding fields via Schema Rest API
- [SOLR-5608] - Frequently reproducible failures in CollectionsAPIDistributedZkTest#testDistribSearch
- [SOLR-5993] - ZkController can warn about shard leader conflict after conflict resolved
- [SOLR-5796] - With many collections, leader re-election takes too long when a node dies or is rebooted, leading to some shards getting into a "conflicting" state about who is the leader.
- [SOLR-5727] - LBHttpSolrServer should only retry on Connection exceptions when sending updates.
- [SOLR-5811] - The Overseer will retry work items until success.
- [SOLR-5325] - zk connection loss causes overseer leader loss
- [SOLR-5615] - Deadlock while trying to recover after a ZK session expiry
- [SOLR-5693] - Running on HDFS does work correctly with NRT search.
- [SOLR-5657] - When a SolrCore starts on HDFS, it should gracefully handle HDFS being in safe mode.
- [SOLR-5667] - Performance problem when not using hdfs block cache.
- [SOLR-5666] - Using the hdfs write cache can result in appearance of corrupted index.
- [SOLR-5577] - indexing delay due to zookeeper election
- [SOLR-5636] - SolrRequestParsers does some xpath lookups on every request.
- [SOLR-5645] - A SolrCore reload via the CoreContainer will try and register in zk again with the new SolrCore.
- [SOLR-4992] - Solr queries don't propagate Java OutOfMemoryError back to the JVM
- [SOLR-5417] - The ChaosMonkey tests are not causing any disruption.
- [SOLR-5540] - HdfsLockFactory should create the lock parent directory if necessary like SimpleLockFactory does.
- [SOLR-4709] - dir lock error if reopening cores to fast?
- [SOLR-5568] - A SolrCore cannot decide to be the leader just because the cluster state says no other SolrCore's are active.
- [SOLR-5380] - Using cloudSolrServer.setDefaultCollection(collectionId) does not work as intended for an alias spanning more than 1 collection.
- [SOLR-5243] - killing a shard in one collection can result in leader election in a different collection
- [SOLR-5240] - SolrCloud node doesn't (quickly) come all the way back
- [SOLR-5150] - HdfsIndexInput may not fully read requested bytes.
- [SOLR-5187] - We are shipping with the wrong license for NetCDF.
- [SOLR-5133] - HdfsUpdateLog can fail to close a FileSystem instance if init is called more than once.
- [SOLR-5135] - Deleting a collection should be extra aggressive in the face of failures.
- [SOLR-5087] - CoreAdminHandler.handleMergeAction generating NullPointerException
- [SOLR-3633] - web UI reports an error if CoreAdminHandler says there are no SolrCores
- [SOLR-5018] - The Overseer should avoid publishing the state for collections that do not exist under the /collections zk node.
- [SOLR-7437] - Make HDFS transaction log replication factor configurable.
- [SOLR-7141] - RecoveryStrategy: Raise time that we wait for any updates from the leader before they saw the recovery state to have finished.
- [SOLR-6919] - Log REST info before executing
- [SOLR-6586] - JmxMonitoredMap#getAttribute is not very efficient.
- [SOLR-6313] - Improve SolrCloud cloud-dev scripts.
- [SOLR-5570] - Generalize solrcloud-start.sh solrcloud dev script.
- [SOLR-5436] - Eliminate the 1500ms wait in overseer loop
- [SOLR-6565] - SolrRequest support for query params
- [SOLR-6543] - Give HttpSolrServer the ability to send PUT requests
- [SOLR-6393] - Improve transaction log replay speed on HDFS.
- [SOLR-2894] - Implement distributed pivot faceting
- [SOLR-6252] - A couple of small improvements to UnInvertedField class.
- [SOLR-3862] - add "remove" as update option for atomically removing a value from a multivalued field
- [SOLR-5395] - allow some update processors to run on forwarded update
- [SOLR-5865] - Provide a MiniSolrCloudCluster to enable easier testing
- [SOLR-5714] - You should be able to use one pool of memory for multiple collection's HDFS block caches.
- [SOLR-3530] - better error messages / Content-Type validation in solrJ
- [SOLR-5700] - Improve error handling of remote queries (proxied requests)
- [SOLR-5156] - Provide a way to move the contents of a file to ZooKeeper with ZkCLI
- [SOLR-5581] - Give ZkCLI the ability to get files
- [SOLR-5576] - ZkController.java registerAllCoresAsDown multiple cores logic
- [SOLR-5548] - Give DistributedSearchTestCase / JettySolrRunner the ability to specify extra filters
- [SOLR-5134] - Have HdfsIndexOutput extend BufferedIndexOutput
- [SOLR-3076] - Solr(Cloud) should support block joins
- [SOLR-4580] - Support for protecting content in ZK
- [SOLR-5795] - Option to periodically delete docs based on an expiration field -- or ttl specified when indexed.
- [SOLR-5466] - Add List Collections functionality to Collections API
- [SOLR-5656] - Add autoAddReplicas feature for shared file systems.
- [SOLR-5463] - Provide cursor/token based "searchAfter" support that works with arbitrary sorting (ie: "deep paging")
- [SOLR-5556] - Allow class of CollectionsHandler and InfoHandler to be specified in solr.xml
- [SOLR-4943] - Add a new info admin handler.
- [LUCENE-5209] - Allow the license checker to optionally avoid check sum comparisons on SNAPSHOT dependencies.
- [LUCENE-4661] - Reduce default maxMerge/ThreadCount for ConcurrentMergeScheduler
- [LUCENE-5360] - Add support for developing in netbeans IDE